Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Discipline and Running

My body prevailed. I failed to run today. But it was not because of the friction between my blisters and my new shoes. It was simply because of lack of discipline. I failed to discipline myself to take the needed rest while on training. I did not wake up to the sound of the alarm clock because I did not sleep early. I broke the one rule of training which is adequate sleep and rest. It is a must that as one increases distance or speed of training, one also adjusts the hours of sleep. I still have to find my right formula. With the responsibilities of family and work, it is a great challenge to squeeze in training as well. But I will adhere to my goal of keeping a healthy balance of nourishment for my body by running regularly, my mind by reading regularly and my soul by praying regularly. And I must not forget that my body also need rest, sleep and balanced diet for nourishment. This way I can say that I have been a good steward of me.

No comments: